I know it has been a long while since I've blogged, but I have good reasons. We had a busy summer. In June we went to Houston with Garth's family for a little reunion before Garth's brother's, Spencer, family headed to India for 2 years. We were there for our niece's baptism and another niece's baby blessing, we went to the beach, then to Sea World. We had a lot of fun visiting with family and just relaxing. Although Garth and his dad stayed a little longer to help put down wood flooring in Spencer's house to prepare for renters. We also went to the Alamo and walked around site seeing San Antonio. Garth started another class after that and then had a break for the 4th of July. It was fun spending time with my family for the 4th. We had a bbq and swim party. And of course our annual regatta, although this year we used rubber ducks. It was fun to see what everyone came up with to get their ducks across the pool. Garth and I won for the 1st time this year!
And then our fun summer came to a halt the weekend after the 4th. I miscarried again for the 3rd time. It was definitely hard to handle, but our families and Kaylee helped us through. We are finally getting back on track. Now my doctor is not sure why I keep miscarrying in the 2nd trimester, but she says they will run some tests next time I get pregnant and most likely put me on restrictions if not bed rest. And after running some thyroid tests, they found a cyst, but it luckily had no fluid in it so it wasn't something to worry about. At the time, my doctor thought that that was the reason why i hadn't been able to lose the weight I had been trying to lose, but come to find out it was something else. I was diagnosed with a vitamin D deficiency. Apparently for someone my age my levels were way low. And the doctor says I will most likely have for the rest of my life. My body just doesn't like the sun I guess. :) And that is the reason I hadn't been able to lose the weight before. So now I am on high dosages of Vitamin D and other medication that has made me sick and turned me into an insomniac. But it hopefully should stop soon.
So life goes on. We know that that baby just wasn't ready to come to earth and we had to put our trust in our Heavenly Father that he'd take care of us. And he has.
Garth is now working for my dad part time. Things are going well and he is enjoying it and helping my dad out. He is busy with school and will be for the next year and a half. We will be happy when he's done. Kaylee is growing as always. She has her daddy's looks and her mommy's attitude. She definitely is a major tantrum thrower. But she is slowly learning that we don't pay her much attention when she has a fit and doesn't get what she wants. Although as a mother I have to try really really hard not to laugh at how cute she is when she is upset. She is now 22lbs and getting taller. she is in the 75th percentile for her height. Maybe she will be a little taller than me one day. :) She is saying more words everyday and now calls me Ma. It is cute. She will run around saying "Ma Ma Ma" til I answer her. She loves to dance and sing and anytime there is music on the tv she gets right up and stands in front of it and starts dancing. She is musical at heart. I am getting my business back up and running slowly. And also trying to find more piano students. Kaylee of course keeps me busy, but it is of course the best job. We are excited to go camping next month and even better Kaylee goes to nursery!


2 comments:
ahh I think the day Nixon went to nursery was the best sunday of both of our lives. He doesn't freak out about stuff like that, its like see ya mom! So it wasn't a big deal but its SOOOO nice when they are in there and not trying to escape your lap somewhere else!
Ashley, I keep forgetting to comment on this post…but I was sooooo sad to hear about your miscarriage. –And that it was your third one. My heart truly goes out to you and Garth! It sounds like your beautiful family is doing well overall, and I sincerely hope and pray that before much longer…you will be able to have a full-term pregnancy and another beautiful baby.
I am happy that you guys had such a fun time in TX. The annual regatta sounds like a blast! I love the photos. Kaylee is such a beautiful girl! I’m glad that she seems to be enjoying nursery already! I still can’t believe it’s been that long since she was born. :o)
Oh, and that is so neat about your business! Your custom books are BEAUTIFUL! You are so talented!!! That’s awesome that you’re teaching more piano lessons too. I will remember to help spread the word for both of your businesses.
Post a Comment