Monday, March 16, 2009

39 Weeks & Counting

Well here we are just a week to go! We had a doctor's appointment this past Friday and not much has changed. She told us to go ahead and pick a date to be induced next week. Unless I just happen to go into labor this week. So we will have our little girl here next week! Wow how time has flown by. Garth is so excited and spent about half an hour last night talking to my belly telling Kaylee how much he loves her and can't wait to hold her. It was so cute. We finally got her room all done. There are meals in the freezer so Garth can just throw them in the microwave or oven. And our bag is packed! We are so ready for this girl to be here. As for my health, I still have my good and bad days (suprise suprise) I have been able to control the diabetes with diet which has been a big blessing. I definitely didn't want to have to give myself insulin shots. I have lost 6 pounds in the past 3 weeks thanks to the diet. And I've been lucky to have only gained about 15 pounds this whole pregnancy. I have given up on trying to sleep. I now take on the plan that if I'm tired I lay down and if I sleep even better! But usually that will give me an hour or two sleep here and there sometimes 3 if I'm lucky! So I get my sleep, it is just broken up through out the day. Besides that I am doing good, and busy with getting flowers and guestbooks done for my cousins wedding! I love making flowers and guestbooks for people.
Kaylee is doing well, she is about 6 and a half pounds probably a bit more since it's been a couple of weeks, but she is healthy and growing just right. Which makes me happy and not worry so much with all the problems we've had. It is the only thing that is important... that she be healthy. Her favorite thing right now is to hide from the nurses at the hospital. I have to do some nonstress tests (NST) 2 times a week at the hospital and whenever the nurse gets me hooked up to the heart monitor, Kaylee soon moves away. I tell Garth that she is stubborn just like her dad. Garth is on Spring break this week. Which he is happy about. Still working for his dad, but sometimes the sales reps that are supposed to set up installs for them don't do their job so Garth and his dad end up not working sometimes. Like today, but we love spending time together and Garth loves being able to sleep in. He doesn't get much sleep now thanks to me. I toss and turn so much that he wakes up so much. So if I get up in the morning I try not to bother him too much so he can catch up on his z's. This past week he got a new calling at church. He is now teaching the elder's quorum class once a month. He is excited and loves teaching about the gospel. He and I are both ward missionaries still which we love, but find it hard to make time for. But we do the best we can. Garth has been so good about taking care of me and our bun in the oven. He makes sure I don't eat things I'm not supposed to (like sugar) so he will give me a little bite of his desserts or something and tell me "ok that's it." haha. He is cute and watching him set up the nursery has been fun. He loved putting everything together and shopping for things we didn't get at the shower. If he finds an outfit or shoes that he loves he will just get it. And he will sit and tell Kaylee how much he loves her and me, but that it is time for her to come out so he can hold her and play with her. We can't wait for her to be here! This past weekend Garth's cousin got married so we were able to visit with his grandparents and aunt and other family.






4 comments:

Ammie said...

Yea!! I'm so excited for you guys!! It's all so exciting! It will be wonderful when Kaylee is here. Good luck with this next week!!

EmileeandJonny said...

YAY, excting- good luck with the delivery! I can't wait to find out how it goes!!!

Molly said...

You you FINALLY posted! I hope you have your little princess today honey! And about the sleep, it'll be about what you are getting now anyways you'll just sleep better when she is out! (and feel better too!)
We Changed our blogger address so it didn't have our last name in it. =)
The new one is orangeblossompolkadots.blogspot.com
Can you tell I picked it out not Steven? ha ha.
Love you!

Molly

Jedda said...

wow! darling nursery! Kaylee is such a lucky girl. I'm biased to Monday since it is my birthday. Best of luck, we'll keep you in our prayers!

Swidget 1.0