So a few of weeks ago I got tested for my 3rd trimester tests. My 1 hour glucose test turned up just above the normal level so I had to take the 3 hour test where they test your blood 4 times. And it came back positive for gestational diabetes. Which means I am considered a diabetic. If you don't know, gestational diabetes comes during pregnancy, but usually goes away after the baby is born. So lucky me I got to go to another doctor and get a more intensive ultra sound done to check on our little Kaylee. She is perfect! The doctors said for some reason some women just get it and there is no explanation besides the fact that my body doesn't like to be pregnant. haha. But now I get to test my blood 4 times a day and keep a close eye on my diet to make sure I don't take in any bad sugars. And after the ultra sound I was definitely relieved to know that our little girl is doing so well and is right on track. She is in the 45 percentile which is perfect! As of right now she weighs 4lbs 14oz. And it was so fun to see her on the 4d ultrasound. It's amazing the technology we have in this world. She has progressed from kicking to flat out rolling around and stretching constantly in every direction. Quite often she will have her head at the bottom of my stomach and her legs pushing up in my rib cage. Not comfortable for me, but comforting to know that she is moving and enjoying her time in there. We can't wait for her to come home! Garth keeps saying it is taking too long and time is going too slow. He just wants to hold her so much. He is going to make a wonderful Dad. I am almost 34 weeks and the doctor said I will have to be delivered by March 23 for sure!
As for the rest of our lives, Garth is doing well in school and loving that he only has 2 classes this semester. He works all day, then goes to school 2 nights a week and has an online class. He definitely needed a little break since he will be taking summer classes. As for me, I am doing well, I still get sick most of the time during the week, but I manage to get through the days. I am working on two baby books and love scrapbooking. Other than that nothing too exciting is happening for us, just counting down the days til Kaylee is here!
Birthdays and Baptisms
1 month ago


4 comments:
I'm so glad she's doing so well. The 23rd is my birthday, but I can share :) I hope you are able to feel well. Good job on starting the baby books BEFORE the baby!
So happy your little girl is doing well and that you have a handle on your health! Keep up the good work!
Hey thanks for stopping by. I was glad to hear from you. If you were looking for me on Sunday I am sorry I missed ya. My brother is leaving on his mission this week and was talking in church. I don't know what you guys' schedule is but the earliest Lafe gets home is about 6 or 630 during the week. So if we could do any visits before he gets home. Or Sunday works too. I have mine this sunday so that may not work this week. Just let me know. Thanks.
To your post.... Man diabetes stinks! There is a great book, The Sugar Solution. It is wonderful! We are lending ours out to someone right now... but I think they have some at the Library. It is a great resource.
Sooooooo how are you? I hope that baby comes soon!!
Post a Comment