This was a perfect weekend. 3day weekend, plus beautiful weather, & of course Valentine's day. We decided to celebrate on Saturday so while Garth was off playing basketball I made him breakfast. Pancakes (heart shaped of course), bacon, sausage, orange juice and yumminess!. Then I gave Garth specific instructions... Take a shower ( he did just run around) and get dressed and grab socks. Then we got in the car and I drove. After thoroughly confusing him, we ended up at Big 5 (he thought we were going bowling haha). Where we got him some new basketball shoes! We then came home and had some lunch and watched the Olympics. We love the Olympics. Then through out the afternoon Garth would keep leaving for long periods of time. He had told me we were going to the temple at 5 so to be ready. So 5 came and went and Garth was no where to be found. At about 5:30 he came home and got dressed quickly and we were off. On the way to the temple he said we needed to get something from his Grandma's house, but that I needed to come in and help him find it. I asked what we were looking for and he said just something. I walked into a beautiful candle lit table with beautiful tulips (one of my favorites next to roses). Then came the most wonderful gift ever... he had made dinner for me. All by himself. And just for me! He grilled steak, which was superb for his first time ever grilling (I usually do the grilling), Salad, baked potatoes with the toppings, and garlic bread. It was so yummy. I asked him after if he was going to start doing the grilling and he said we'll see. Garth is so good to me and I couldn't have asked for a better husband!
In other news, Kaylee is growing and having tons of fun playing. I am now taking care of Garth's grandma 4 days a week it is almost like taking care of another baby. I am excited to leave for Houston this weekend for 2 weeks to help my brother and sister in law's (Spencer & Crystal) family while Crystal is on bed rest and Spencer is in Dallas for work. Garth had a phone interview with the University of Phoenix on Friday for a financial advisor position. He has a second interview on Thursday! We are so excited and we are praying he gets this job. So keep him in your prayers please!
Yesterday for Presidents day we decided to take Kaylee on a picnic for the first time to the park. We had tons of fun and Kaylee loved the swings the best. Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!
Birthdays and Baptisms
1 month ago


2 comments:
Awww, so sweet! It's amazing when those hubbies of ours kick it into high gear, huh!
Kaylee is getting SO big! I can't believe how fast she is growing.
Good luck with Grandma, that sounds tough! Take care!
I love the bath time pictures haha!
Post a Comment