So this past Friday was a busy day, but very exciting. One of my younger brothers, Curtis (birth brother) got married! The sealing was wonderful and I couldn't have been prouder of him. Malorie is sweet and they are cute together! I'm excited to get to know her better. Luckily they live way close! Curtis is an amazing young man. He has served a mission and when he returned he got engaged and married in about the same time Garth did when he got home. Although they dated for a lot longer than we did. They dated for about 3 months I believe, where as Garth and I dated for about 2 weeks before getting engaged :) I have the most amazing brothers and I couldn't have picked better ones. We attended the sealing in the morning then did some pictures, then we went to the luncheon the the reception and ring ceremony that evening. It was a great day. And I was lucky enough to have Garth with me. I love going to sealings because it reminds me of the covenants and blessings I received when I married Garth.
Curtis & Me
Me and Raelynn my niece
My Birth Family that made it to the reception
Saturday we got up early and got ready to head to the snow with Kaylee and our nieces and nephew. We have tried to do this every year mostly to have fun and spend time with the kids. We went to a park just outside of Flagstaff. We had lunch and just played in the snow. We had tons of fun. Kaylee enjoyed eating the snow and playing with Katelyn, Megan and Jarom.
Then came Sunday... Last Saturday Garth got a call asking him to come in Sunday morning at 8:30am to meet with a member of the Bishopric. As many of you know this is a hard thing for Garth to do sometimes for he certainly loves his sleep, but he got up got ready and went. He got released from his calling of teaching Sunday school. He enjoyed the calling, and was a little surprised he got released after only 5 months of teaching. Then he was told that he couldn't receive the calling he was going to get until other things were taken care of by the Bishop. So he was told to expect a call during the week. So the week came and went and no call. It was quite funny to watch and listen to Garth all week, he was anxious to find out what his new calling would be. Then Sunday morning came and he got a call to come meet with a member of the stake council. Oh the look on his face was priceless... after he got ready to go and some guessing of what the calling would be, he was off. Well I got ready for church and got Kaylee ready to go. Then he came home and told me... He got called to be the assistant ward clerk in charge of finances. Definitely not what we expected, but he will do a great job. We know that this is where Heavenly Father wants him to be. It will be a great experience for him and we know we will be blessed for his service. As for every Sunday I will be husbandless for a while, but it will take some getting use to and I am blessed to have Garth's parents here to help. This calling couldn't have been given at a better time. Now that Garth has finished his degree he is now going to the University of Phoenix where he takes 1 class every 5 weeks. He will still be busy, but won't have 4 classes all at once.


1 comments:
that picture of kaylee with the snow man is so cute!! And I love the one of your little family in the snow! Love you guys!!
Post a Comment